Date: 2020-05-27 15:21:54

×

As the SP500 begins to cross back above 3000, lets discuss what’s driving this growth, whether it’s a good time to invest, and the strategies you could use to make money – enjoy! Add me on Instagram: GPStephan

LIMITED TIME: Get 2 FREE STOCKS ON WEBULL when you deposit $100 (Valued up to $1400): https://act.webull.com/k/Vowbik9Tm5he/main

JOIN THE WEEKLY MENTORSHIP – https://the-real-estate-agent-academy.teachable.com/p/graham-stephan-mentorship-program/

THE NEW PODCAST: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMSYZVlQmyG8_2MkIKzg0kw

The YouTube Creator Academy:
Learn EXACTLY how to get your first 1000 subscribers on YouTube, rank videos on the front page of searches, grow your following, and turn that into another income source: https://bit.ly/2STxofv $100 OFF WITH CODE 100OFF

My ENTIRE Camera and Recording Equipment:
https://www.amazon.com/shop/grahamstephan?listId=2TNWZ7RP1P1EB

We’ll begin by looking at the SP500, which is an index that tracks the top 500 publicity traded companies here in the United States…and this is weighted, overall, by the companies market value…so, the more valuable the company is, the more that company is going to influence the entire SP500.

Now this is really important to mention…because, out of 500 publicly traded companies…the 6 LARGEST ones make up about 25% of its ENTIRE VALUE…those companies are Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google, and Microsoft – otherwise known as the acronym, FAANGM. Then, the other 494 companies make up the remaining 75% of the value.
https://www.slickcharts.com/sp500

Even more interesting, if we look at every company within the SP500 year to date…we can see that 395 of them have LOST VALUE…and the remaining 110 have seen a moderate gain since the beginning of the year. But, that gain is HEAVILY influenced by the largest tech companies that just so happen to be BOOMING right now.
https://www.slickcharts.com/sp500/performance

The FAANGM stocks have far outpaced and exceeded the growth of the rest of the market, by far…and, over time, they’re becoming increasingly more valuable.
https://www.yardeni.com/pub/yardenifangoverview.pdf

That just means that – most likely – it could be the new “normal” that a few large companies lead the majority of the stock market, as they’re able to reach billions of people through the internet – and this type of growth is going to become more common as we become more and more centralized online and with technology.

For the majority of people out there – a simple broad market index fund is going to be the best option, long term. This means that – instead of going and buying specific stocks – you can invest in ALL OF THEM, at the same time, all in ONE FUND. The benefit to this is that, if a few don’t do so well…most likely, others companies will make up for it. Likewise, if a few do REALLY WELL…you’ll get to enjoy that benefit on a small scale, consistently. Over the long term, it was found that these index funds outperform even the most advanced hedge fund managers…

BUT – Do keep in mind – the REASON the overall stock market has risen so much, WAY more than we’d normally expect – is mainly due to a few specific Tech companies who are doing EXCEPTIONALLY well during the crisis. They are driving a LARGE portion of the market right now, and that’s why we’ve seen such a large resurgence in stock prices while many other companies are down.

Just look at Amazon hitting its ALL TIME HIGH as everything is shut down. Netflix also hit its all time high. So did Facebook. And the other top tech stocks aren’t far behind. So, keep that in mind the next time you invest in the SP500…

For business or one-on-one real estate investing/real estate agent consulting inquiries, you can reach me at GrahamStephanBusiness@gmail.com

*Some of the links and other products that appear on this video are from companies which Graham Stephan will earn an affiliate commission or referral bonus. Graham Stephan is part of an affiliate network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available.

Leave a comment